What Has Been the Impact of CES Support?
The Center's Impact
100% of past fellows have successfully completed their dissertations.
80% of our fellows have moved on to a post-doctoral position or a tenured track job in a college of university.
Our fellows are currently working in 10 U.S. states and 4 foreign countries.
Impact to Our Fellows
Fellows agree strongly that the CES fellowship:
- made a significant difference in their dissertation progress
- reduced the time to finish their PhD. by an average of 12.1 months
- significantly reduced their financial stress
- made it possible to avoid taking on additional part-time employment
Scholarly & Societal Impact
Our fellows have already demonstrated strong engagement with academia and society through:
- Academic Publications; one book, many articles, book reviews, and scholarly presentations.
- Many non-academic publications, articles, op-eds, blogposts, interviews, citations, policy reports, public testimony.
- Volunteerism: to non-profits and social-movement groups (currently averaging a total of 2,402 hours per year cumulatively).