The Blum Center at the University of California, Santa Barbara is currently looking for an Equity Research Postdoctoral Scholar to assist with the Central Coast Regional Equity Study.
Working under the direction of an interdisciplinary team of UCSB faculty, and in consultation with a Project Steering Committee that reflects the broad, community-based nature of the collaboration, the Scholar will assist with:
- Writing the Central Coast Regional Equity Report, communicating the Study’s central findings, implications, and recommendations for policy and action
- Developing and implementing a dissemination strategy that includes targeted briefings as well as broad public release
- Creating a project website
- Creating and managing a platform for maintaining and periodically updating the database of regional equity indicators
- Conducting workshops to facilitate use of the Central Coast Regional Equity Database among community and campus constituents.
To apply for this position applicants must have completed all requirements for a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Social Sciences or the allied fields, except the dissertation, by the time of application.
Ph.D. conferred by the anticipated appointment start date of February 1, 2021
Ph.D. conferred within the past five years.
Strong writing and communication skills
Basic knowledge of a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods and associated data requirements
Experience with community-engaged research
For primary consideration, interested candidates should submit a completed application including an up-to-date curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of research, a copy of the dissertation and/or other representative publication, and two letters of reference by December 17, 2020.
To learn more and to apply for this position, click here.